Sunday, December 30, 2018

Pillsbury Grands! Sweet Hawaiian Biscuits

This morning was the first time I'd seen the new biscuit version of the Pillsbury Grands! Sweet Hawaiian biscuits, so I bought a can.

The crescent version that I bought last month was ok, but I couldn't tell the difference in taste at the time.  Maybe these will do the trick on the taste buds.

*And after having a couple of 'em for breakfast, they're good, but I guess I keep expecting the 'Sweet Hawaiian' flavor of the biscuits and crescents to be similar to taste as King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, but they're just different.  Ma and Pa liked them too, but they added honey to theirs...

There was a fella hanging out at the entrance to Kroger around 0530 hours, asking for money, but I told him what little that I had was spoken for.

After going inside, I decided not to buy a pizza to eat for New Year's Eve (had a coupon and left it on the freezer shelf for another customer to use if they wanted), and instead bought a can of soup, vienna sausages, tuna and crackers, some cookies, and a 2-liter of Fanta Grape Soda to give to the guy at the door when I came back out of the store.

He said thank you and "Happy New Year!", then walked out into the rain as I did to the parking lot and hopped in a car and drove off.  I've seen him several times, always asking for money, and I'd given him some pocket change when he asked me in the dollar store across the street from Kroger, once before, then I watched him that time put back the items he had in his hands on to a shelf, he left the store, hopped on a bicycle and rode off.  I'm thinking dude makes more money than I do, lol. 

Ah well, I think I still have a can or two of chili in the pantry, that I bought a couple of weeks ago.  Happy New Year!

No comments: