Sunday, June 17, 2018

jalapeños with pineapple...

I believe one of my sisters gave Pa this jar of Jalopy Jelly, jalapeños with pineapple, for either Father's Day, Christmas, or his birthday a couple of years or more ago, and it had been hidden in the back of the old pantry until we moved last year.

Pa isn't supposed to have spicy foods because of his acid reflux, so they'd been untouched until I ran out of the hot and sweet jarred jalapenos that I like and opened up this jar recently. They're pretty good, although being softer without any crunch or firmness compared to the ones I usually add to foods.

There are chunks of pineapple mixed in, but I haven't tried eating those, because of a previous experience with some pickles that had pineapple chunks, which were actually the core section that might impart some sweet pineapple flavor, but were too hard and fibrous to enjoy eating.

It took Ma and Pa over an hour to get home from church this Father's Day.  They'd stopped by Burger King and bought some of those Rodeo King burgers that Ma likes, along with some french fries to bring back to the house, but there was a train stopped on the tracks between there and home, and with it blocking traffic for some unknown reason, they had to turn around and find another route to get back to the crib.

The jalapenos added a nice bit of spiciness to the burger.  I still prefer the Whopper, but not complaining with a fast food treat that I normally can't afford to indulge in, especially a single burger that runs around $7. 

I didn't find a current website, so I don't know if Jalopy Jelly is still around or not, located up in Marietta, GA according to the label. I did find a Cooking Channel video for Jalopy Jelly on YouTube, from 2010, and a nutrition label from another website.

No comments: