Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Sweet, and not so sweet...

When I got home from my kidney doctor appointment yesterday afternoon, there was a box at the front door with a 44oz bottle of honey that I'd ordered inside.

There are lots of things to add honey to as a sweetener (in moderation), and at least it's not on the 'avoid' list, not that I pay particular attention to that anyway.  But, now having progressed to stage 4 kidney disease, I probably should keep better track of my diet.

I'd asked the doc, "How long?", wondering how much longer might my kidneys last, and he said, "A year or two.".  And that would depend on watching my diet and keeping my diabetes/blood pressure under control.

I have another eye doctor appointment coming up, so I'll be getting more injections in both eyes (monthly), and maybe more laser eye surgery, depending on what the eye doc sees.  I'm already legally blind, but I don't know if the vision I have left will last as long as my kidneys...

No comments: