Thursday, January 10, 2019

9 volt battery LED flashlights

I recently purchased a few of the Dorcy 9 volt battery LED flashlights (saw a current thread about them on CandlePowerForums which mentioned they were $3 each direct from Dorcy - light on the left).

The Dorcy lights look to be the same as the current Blocklite offerings that have six LEDs, two on for low setting and six on for high, with 40 lumens at high and supposedly a 100 hour runtime, probably on low, decreasing over time.

The blue one is a MaximalPower branded Blocklite with two LEDs that I bought several years ago, and the third is an older Made in USA Pak-Lite, regulated with lower output for much longer runtimes, like 600 hours on low and 75 on high, but they also costs $25 to $30 depending on the model.

For added functionality I'll stick a small magnet to the battery, and if I want it to be waterproof, I put it in a small zip lock type bag. ;) I will occasionally carry one for edc, but for the most part they get put in a toolbox, glovebox, bugoutbag, backpack, or nightstand for emergency/backup/power outage usage.

As an Amazon affiliate I earn a small percentage of sales when folks go to amazon through my links and shop, and that helps pay the bills, so, 'Thanks!'.

No comments: