Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Migraines suck...

None of the usual headache/pain OTC remedies offer any relief for me with migraines.  I've been getting them for a couple of years now, but still haven't figured out what triggers them.

The worst ones leave me to seek a dark and quiet room for the duration as the pain and nausea keeps me from reading, watching TV, or even sitting in front of the computer for more than a few minutes at a time before I have to go lie down, close my eyes, and even cover my ears to block out sound.

It's not unusual to go 36 hours without eating and only drinking sips of water, leaving me dehydrated and sometimes dry heaving where the only thing that gets thrown up is a little bit of burning stomach acid.  The regular diabetes and high blood pressure issues are just along for the ride, lol...

Ibuprofen, acetaminophen, aspirin, and naproxen sodium may offer relief (NOT to be taken at the same time) to some folks, but they seem to have no effect with me, not even for my diabetic peripheral neuropathy pain in my hands and feet.

With no health insurance, doctor visits and prescription medication options are off the table for me, so I'll just vent my frustration here and CARRY ON.  The macular degeneration that kicked in last month is just a cherry on top.

No comments: