Sunday, May 09, 2010

Topsy Turvy Tomato Tree - As Seen on TV

I bought my mom one of those Topsy Turvy Tomato Trees - As Seen on TV, for Mother's Day. I found it at Walgreens, this model being able to hold 3 plants and having a 5 foot tall steel stand to support it. This one was considerably more($49.99) than the single bag version($9.99) most often seen.

Of course it didn't come with either tomato plants or potting soil, so I bought three different types of tomato plants(cherry, hybrid, beefsteak) and organic soil mix at Walmart($20). There's still spaces available to add three herb type plants too.

It should get plenty of sun on the back patio. Hopefully it'll be productive. I figure with what I spent, it needs to put out 30+ pounds of tomatos, which one plant alone should do...

No comments: