Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Campbell Hausfeld 5-in-1 Cordless PowerPal

Well, after ten+ years, my Campbell Hausfeld 5-in-1 Cordless PowerPal seems to be dead.  The battery has been steadily going down (sealed lead acid) in performance for the last five or six years, but it still worked well enough to keep it in my truck for when I needed it, mostly just keeping my tires properly inflated.

The few times I tried to use the jump starter function, it did not work, either because the vehicle battery was too far gone, or it didn't have enough juice to help crank one.

I'd used the lantern/flashlight occasionally, even though the fluorescent bulb didn't put out that much light.  The inverter function came in handy when the house power was out, to run simple single plug in items like phone chargers, even in the past working Pa's CPAP machine (Continuous positive airway pressure therapy) that he uses every night for his sleep apnea. I'd brought it in the house during Hurricane Irma/Tropical Storm Irma, to put it to use, but it's now DOA.

I've looked for a replacement occasionally over the last couple of years, online and at wallyworld when browsing the automotive section, but comparable models run more than I can afford, so getting a new one keeps getting pushed back on the list of things to take care of, lol...



And in today's mail, early birthday (Oct 3) presents arrived. A six pack of Old Spice Classic body wash. Usually I buy these at the local Kroger, Walmart, or Walgreens, but they have not had it in stock for months now, unknown why. Also received new earpads for my six year old Sony headphones.

The faux leather pads deteriorate over time and crack/disintegrate into little black crumbs/specks after a couple of years. They still sound good, despite my hearing loss/tinnitus, so I've kept using them.

I'd bought a pair of earpad covers four years ago, but they're worn out now too, so I'd mentioned to Ma that replacement pads could be bought instead of buying all new headphones.

No comments: