Friday, October 07, 2016

New! Velveeta Nacho Cheese Dip Cups

I had a coupon and wallyworld had them in stock, so I bought a package to give the new Velveeta Nacho Cheese Dip Cups a try with tortilla or corn chips.

They also had Chili Cheese flavor, but I'll wait and see how the Nacho Cheese flavor version is first, and then if I like it, and I have another coupon, then I may give that one a try too.

The listed price of $3.48 at Walmart seems a bit pricey for the small amount you get, compared with jars of salsa con queso options, or making it yourself homemade style, but sometimes convenience wins out.

*And the verdict after sampling one of the dip cups, is that it's too salty.  Flavor and texture were just okay, but seriously too much sodium has been added.  A single 2.5oz cup serving has 37% (890mg) of the recommended daily allowance for sodium.  In comparison, Taco Bell Salsa Con Queso has about half as much sodium (19% DV) per serving.

I also had a $1 off coupon for a Velveeta Mini Block, and when I got home, noticed that I did not receive the discount.  I used the self check-out and each of the coupons I used 'beeped' when scanned, but apparently Walmart's registers do not correctly deduct all the coupons that are scanned.  This is not the first time this has happened, much to my disappointment... ಠ_ಠ

No comments: