Monday, September 19, 2016

Front porch spider returns...

I'd not seen this critter for a couple of days anywhere that it's been setting up for the past couple of months, but it's back now, blocking the the front walk with the web these last two days, even with the rain, heavy at times, so I have to go out through the garage to avoid catching on e the web when going to retrieve the morning newspaper.

After a few photos with the flashlight on him/her, it seems they think it's time to pack up for the day, so it starts retrieving/eating the web and packing up before withdrawing to a safe spot somewhere in the tree above. It ends up swinging a bit wildly when moving on the outer securing strands and that's enough to make me clear out of range since I'd rather not wake the neighbors if it landed on me and I let slip a hollar or two and frantic running/jumping/swiping/slapping at myself to get the bugger off, lol... :P

No comments: