Friday, May 15, 2015

Movie Review: Mad Max Fury Road

I went to see the new Mad Max movie this morning, and saw the 3D version since the traditional projection wasn't showing until a few hours later.  I'll keep the review short and simple.  It was a good movie, and I was entertained.  The character Max even wears a paracord bracelet in the film.

Since I wear eyeglasses, I had to put the 3D glasses over mine and it was a bit uncomfortable on my ears, and it seemed to me that the glasses made the screen appear darker, but that may just be me with my eyes going bad, lol.

I'd like to see it again, but would opt not to see it in 3D, and save those three extra dollars it cost, with a $9 matinee admission instead of the $12, which left me with $1 in my wallet, not enough for anything at the concession stand.  Didn't want to pay $4 for a small Coke anyways...

The paracord bracelet that actor Tom Hardy(Max) is wearing is the not the buckle type or knot and loop closure version, but done with strands pulled through the the top end where the knotting starts, then an overhand knot is tied, making the bracelet somewhat adjustable and slip-on, as shown in the above linked 2004 photo tutorial, by a knot tyer that I believe still spends time on the DIY Tactical forums. I've had that tutorial link in my Stormdrane's Blog links list (Paracord Bracelet - without buckle) since I started the blog over 10 years ago, and when the tutorial site went down not to return, I re-set it to the Internet Archive Wayback Machine site link.


No comments: