Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Voting...

I went to vote yesterday, Tuesday, November 5, 2013, doing my civic duty.  The only issue that was on my ballot was for the "reimposition or non-reimposition of the one percent county special purpose local option sales and use tax (SPLOST)".

The official results won't be released until Friday, but from an article in this morning's newspaper, it looks like the tax was voted down which is, I think, unusual since once taxes are put in place, they're usually there to stay, even if they're supposedly only for a specified length of time. 

I'm guessing that sufficient numbers of my fellow voters decided, as I did, that there are enough taxes on us in this economy as it is, so our local government needs to be frugal, and carefully spend the money it already takes in.

No comments: