Friday, December 01, 2017

In home internet wifi...

Beyond aggravating intermittent internet connection with the wifi on this desktop. 

The Dell is lucky I do not have a sledge hammer within reach... (Insert Yosemite Sam throwing a fit)  

 Ma's 7+ year old computer is ten feet away from me and it's getting 30+ Mbps, where my computer most often gets around 2 Mbps or less, but occasionally gets 20+ during early morning hours, although I have to reset the router a couple of times every day to improve the speed.

Pa's three year old desktop computer is in the back bedroom with the modem and router with a direct line, and Fast.com show's his speed at 100+ Mbps, so I'm pretty sure it's the wifi card in my Dell that sucks, since resetting the router and/or modem doesn't seem to change the speeds with either of the other computers or Ma's tablet...

#Charter #Spectrum #Dell #wifi #modem #router

No comments: