Monday, October 20, 2014

Doohickeys...

I bought a couple of new stainless steel Nite Ize Doohickeys recently, the QuicKey and SkullKey Tool.

I'd seen them online on a couple of sites, and having bought the other Doohickey versions in black and stainless, thought I'd check these out as well.

They're of thicker stock and sturdier than I'd thought they would be, getting thinner towards the screwdriver tip end, and look to be useful enough as keychain tools, but I haven't removed them from the packaging just yet, or done any torture/endurance tests or whatnot.   

I could probably do a little bit of knot work on them, and maybe add some glow-in-the-dark powder and epoxy mods to the skull eyes on one, and the thumb grooves in the other(both are flat on the other sides). If I don't keep them for my own collection, they may go out as gifts come Christmastime...


 

No comments: