Monday, July 07, 2014

New cell phone pouch/holster...

A Maxpedition 0101B phone holster came in the mail today.  I'd ordered it for my new(actually a used model) Samsung A847 cell phone.  I'm not sure how I feel about wearing it on my belt yet, as it's a thick bugger with the phone in it.

It's well built and adjustable for sizing it to a phone, but ends up being about three times or more the actual thickness of  the phone.  I have other EDC items in my pants pockets, so I do need a holster/sheath for the phone to carry it on my belt.  I like the security of the side release buckle compared with the other options I've seen with just velcro or magnets to secure a flap.

The holster actually cost more than the used phone.  I rarely use a phone, only for sending/receiving calls, no text or data, and pretty much just keep it for emergencies or getting stranded with a vehicle breakdown, which from past experience was no fun.

I've been without a phone and broke down on the I75/85 connector in Atlanta with no one stopping to offer assistance, even the police just drove past me with my vehicle on the shoulder and the hood up.  No one wants to stop for an angry looking big guy with a shaved head and goatee, lol...

No comments: